Gathering feedback and information from users about how they use the website helps us to provide the best possible experience on lipPLUMP.com.au. The information helps us to understand how you use the website, how you rate your experience, whether you would recommend the site to others. In turn, we can build a better picture of users and deliver the relevant information, assistance, products and services you may want.
We generally only use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was provided. However, there are exceptions to this such as:
- for a directly related purpose
- we are required or authorised under an Australian law to do so
- where we have your consent to do so
We may disclose your personal information to third parties—including overseas suppliers and service providers—for purposes related to our functions or activities. We take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients do not breach privacy obligations under the Privacy Act. However, overseas recipients may be required to comply with local legislation instead.
How we protect your personal information
- maintain all personal information in a secure environment
- will not release any personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act
- take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- may hold personal information in electronic or hard copy form
- destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer required
- take reasonable steps to ensure personal information stored by us is kept accurate, up to date, complete and relevant
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of our website, compile reports on website activity and provide other website and internet usage services. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where they process information on Google's behalf.
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of the department
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage
MailChimp may transfer this information to 3rd parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about:
- when you visit the website
- when you use the services
- your browser type and version
- your operating system and other similar information
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
By subscribing to our eNewsletter, you will be taken to have consented to your personal information being used as described above. This means:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- As you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information to MailChimp, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us.
Like many websites, lipPLUMP utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites and your use of the Services. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally unless you have otherwise provided lipPLUMP with personal information.
Cookies help lipPLUMP to improve the Sites and Services, and to deliver more personalized service by enabling lipPLUMP to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites or use the Services.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting lipPLUMP's cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites or the Services.